Monday, August 10, 2009

Fin

St. Radegund's is now over except for the unpacking. (Sigh) We shall all need a few days to rehydrate and nurse sore feet, backs, and sunburns. There seemed to have been nothing but general approval of the event and trickle down reports convey pleasure in the classes offered.

There were no major misfortunes during the event other than some heat related maladies among the class instructors.

Thank you to the class instructors both from the shire and from places afar!

Thank you to the archery marshalls and to the heavy weapons marshall for providing a great time for those who participated in the activities.

On a personal note, thanks to all who helped clean up Jack's big back yard though, happily, most of the mess was not event-generated. I would like to publicly give special thanks to my rescuers, Mike and Linda Prahl, and to Bart Saxton. And thank you to Jeff and Patrice who would have hauled me and my stranded gear one tiny load at a time. You are all exceptional people.

1 comment:

  1. Unto the Good Gentles of Rivenwood Tower does Albrecht Waldfurster send

    Greetings!

    Thank you for supporting the Arts and Sciences in the Kingdom of Northshield with that most excellent event, Saint Radegund's Faire.

    My good lady wife, Hannah Berg, and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. In particular, we appreciated being able to set up our sun shade adjacent to the dining area, out of the direct sun. Everything in control of the autocrats (and if they can control the humidity, I bow to them) was outstanding; my particular respect to the good gentle at the Gate when we arrived.

    Special thanks to Lady Maryam for accommodating my presentation needs. We were able to hold a very useful round table discussion during the lunch break about Tavern life in a SCA setting.

    I hope we will be able to attend Saint Radegund's Faire for a great many more years to come.

    Woodwose

    ReplyDelete